Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Baby's Heartbeat

We had another check-up on August 7. Paul took this video of the baby's heartbeat. A rapid 162. Cool, huh?



I haven't gained any weight so far, but it sure feels like it. I have been walking around with my jeans unbuttoned for the past week and just yesterday discovered the rubber band in my button hole trick. I haven't been doing a lot of working out even though everyone says it is safe to do so. I like to take Griff for a walk and do this video my neighbor Julianne let me borrow, but I haven't been doing anything too crazy. I quit running right away since my boobs hurt so bad and the rest of my workout videos are really hardcore. I have just been trying to eat healthy and get a move on whenever I can. Most people have told me that I have way more energy than a typical pregnant woman. I think I have only taken about two or three naps since I have been pregnant. That should count for something, right?

Also, I am beginning to wonder if I can feel the baby kicking. I noticed about three nights ago I felt something in my tummy that I just can't describe. It felt like something flicking me on the inside. I have felt it every day since then. The books say it is possible to feel the baby kicking as early as 14 weeks but that you are more likely to feel it closer to 18 weeks. I suppose I will know for sure if it was a kicking baby or a big gas bubble in a few weeks. It is exciting news nonetheless!

4 comments:

  1. Awww, this is fun to read. My roomate Cari is due in November, so I am learning a lot of all of this. She said it feels like popcorn popping inside hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cass your boobs look HUGE already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so cute Cass! Love the blog! Definitely will check this out just about as bad as I am with facebook. I am sooooo excited for you and Paul. Couldn't have happened to sweeter people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww Cassie this is so awesome to read. I am excited for you two! I hope to keep following this blog through your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete