I guess I am speaking too soon as I am only 14 weeks along and things have plenty of time to go astray. One of the few things I have experienced so far is crazy dreams. I have a wild dream almost every night. The past three nights have been nightmares and always involve a murderer in a courtroom (from my stint on jury duty, maybe?). I have also had three or four terrible tension headaches. I used to get tension headaches from my way stressful job all of the time before I was preggo, but I could just pop a few Excedrin's to numb my brain. Now, I am stuck with them since I know two measly Tylenol won't begin to scratch the surface of these monsters. Paul has been the best giving me neck and back rubs, fetching ice packs in the middle of the night, fanning me while feeding me grapes :o) No really, he is the best husband in the world. Paul thinks I have cravings for junk food that I would have never put in my mouth prior to being pregnant. Okay, so the baby likes to have a McDonald's burger and a Little Squeezer's Hot and Ready in the same day once in a very great while, but other than that I think I have been eating pretty healthy for the little bambino's sake.
I suppose the only other notable sign of pregnancy is my growing belly. When we ordered the dresses for Kelly's wedding a while back, the lady said I was a size 10! I freaked out a little, but ordered it anyway. Turns out that the dress was falling off of me and I probably could have ordered the 6. I thought I'd try the dress on the other day considering the wedding is only a few weeks away and I needed to have the dress altered. Here is a picture... don't laugh.
The two little Asian ladies fitting me for my dress spoke to one another in rapid Chinese (no doubt about my fat tush) and told me that I had better not gain any weight or else they'd have to let the dress out. You got that baby?!
Here is a pic of my baby bump at 13 weeks:
It looks worse in the dress, right? Great. Pray that my belly gets big enough for the wedding to be easily recognized as a baby bump and not a beer belly, but not so big that I can't fit into my dress!
Couldn't have been said better! :)
ReplyDeleteOH!OH! Just an idea... since you and Paul are just simply beautiful--- have you thought about taking pics together as you get further along? Like with his/your hands over your belly as he stands behind you--- I've seen some of these done and they are just simply amazing in black and white and capture a once in a lifetime memory.
ReplyDelete