Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Holy Crap, There's a Baby in There!

When we first found out I was pregnant we were told that our first glimpse of the baby would be at our 20/21 week ultrasound. Luckily, we were given the opportunity to see the nugget a little earlier than planned. On July 27th, right after the Tithof annual camping trip, we went in for a quick ultrasound to help determine the due date. We were able to see both hemispheres of the brain, the heart, the arms and legs, and even five fingers! She asked if we were going to find out the sex and we told her "definitely." In that case, she said "I can see a little something between the legs there. It is too early to tell yet since girl parts can be very swollen, but if I had to guess, I'd say it was a boy." Yay! We don't care if the baby is a boy or a girl, but it was fun anyway. Andrew and Hank could have a little boy to play with.



It was exciting to see the baby in there. But I do have to say that the baby still sort of looks like a puppy. When I was holding Andrew, it reminded me how God is so truly AMAZING! Sometimes I can't believe there is a little baby growing inside my belly.

The ultrasound changed our due date from February 3 to February 10. This is a little closer to where we thought it should be so we are happy about that. Also, we decided against the quad test. I have heard too many horror stories about false positives/negatives. We decided to give it up to God. He has had this plan for us and for this baby long before we could ever imagine.

My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." Psalm 139:15-16

2 comments:

  1. Awww how exciting! I can't wait to buy some clothes lol... yay!!! Love the quote at the end. You know just the right ones for the right topics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about the names... Edward? Emmett?? ;)

    ReplyDelete