Friday, August 21, 2009

Motherly Intuition

I am happy to report that little Andrew is doing great. He is such a little man. Check him out :o)



I will admit that I have never ever been a baby holder. Before my nieces and nephews, I rarely appreciated the presence of children. Some people, like my friend Julie, are natural baby lovers. In fact, she is a borderline baby stealer. I often wondered if I would ever have that aching desire to have a child. But as each niece and nephew stole a little piece of my heart I found myself googooing and gagaing at random babies in the grocery store. The more I warmed up to the idea of kids, the more kids warmed up to me. They are like dogs in that they could totally sense my fear. I wasn't sold on having kids until sometime in the past five years probably. There is nothing more glorious than knowing that when I am babysitting and one of the kids (Avery) swipes three pops and is bouncing off the walls or when one of the kids (Taylor) dumps a whole bottle of strawberry conditioner on the bedspread when your back is turned, that the problem is ultimately Mommy's. But over the past year I started becoming obsessed with people's baby blogs and I even took a stranger up on the offer to hold her newborn, which was unheard of for me. I was thinking about babies all of the time and what ours would be like and if we would even be able to have one. I still wonder what our baby will be like, but now I will be able to find out in the near term!

Those of you who know me quite well know that I have recently become somewhat annoying about Zodiac signs. Once I started reading the full descriptions of each of the signs as they related to my friends and family I was astonished! Our due date is February 10 and that makes Baby T a possible Aquarius. Traditional traits are: friendly and humanitarian, honest and loyal, original and inventive, independent and intellectual. "Aquarians basically possess strong and attractive personalities. They fall into two principle types: one shy, sensitive, gentle and patient; the other exuberant, lively and exhibitionist, sometimes hiding the considerable depths of their character under a cloak of frivolity." I think that if we have a boy he will be the shy, sensitive, gentle and patient type and if we have a girl she will be the exuberant, lively, and exhibitionist type. Just judging by mommy and daddy's personalities :o)

In the very beginning of my pregnancy I woke up one morning and was SURE that the baby was a girl. I just had this intuition. I had dreams about taking care of Taylor and I still have dreams about playing with my baby girl. Everyone says, oh that is just because you want a girl. But if I am being truly honest with myself, I have always wanted all boys. When I finally decided that maybe I could have kids it was under the predisposition that I would have all boys and I could dress them in black sweatsuits and just let them rut around in the yard all day. I had a big brother to watch over me and so I figured that having a boy first would be the best way to go. Then again, Paul had two big sisters and they did a good job beating him up as a kid and they did an even better job beating everyone else up as he grew up. They provided secret service like protection. At the end of the day, in the hundreds of prayers I have prayed for this baby, not a single prayer involved the sex of the baby. I really pray only for a healthy and happy baby. But if we do have a girl, look at what fun we might have.



1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blog! Love the new design too... and the pics of my little cousins! You really are a beautiful mommy to be Cass! Can't say this enough to you... so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete