Me: I really want to get Abram this little outfit from Babies R Us for Easter, but it is $40. I have a coupon for 25% off, though.
Paul: So, $30?
Me: Well, 10% of $40 is $4. And 4+4+4+2 is $14... er, wait, that is 35%. Umm... okay, so 4+4+2 is $10. So, $30!
Paul: Yes, like I said.
Me: Oh. Right. Because you just did $40 divided by 4. Yes... well, once you run the numbers, ahem... so anyway, $30 still seems like a lot.
Somehow I graduated with highest honors with a degree in finance, but that is not the point. You want to know where I get that 10% of X crap? Where else? My MOM. I expect to make the complete transformation into my mother over the next two years here. Another great example...
Me: How old is my Dad?
Paul: I'm not sure. He was turning 50 at our wedding... no, at your brother's wedding.
Me: Right. We got married in 2007. Right?
Paul: I think so. So Drew and Shantel were married in 2008. That was three years ago. So he is 53.
Me: Oh. My. God. Do you realize how old we are? My parents used to do this shit all of the time, and we would get so mad. I would say something like, 'Mom, how old is my cat?' Simple enough question, right? But no. This started a whirlwind of dialogue between my Mom and herself. 'Well... let's see. Tim and Lisa were married in '78. Two years later the barn burned down. Your cousin was born in '82. Eight years later we bought the cabin. We had the cat for two years before we bought the cabin. So, that makes the cat 6 years old.' 'Oh, thanks for that, Mom. There's two minutes of my life I'm never going to get back.'
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So did Abram get the outfit?
ReplyDeleteI hope you had a beautiful first Easter with him!