Wow! Abram is three months old, and let me just say he is a perfect angel. These days Abram sleeps through the night - usually in 8 to 10 hour stretches. He typically takes one long 2-3+ hour nap in the afternoon, and takes multiple mini naps throughout the day. He sleeps in his crib and rarely ever cries when we put him to bed.
Abram loves having a clean diaper, and actually really loves having his diaper changed. He loves to be spoken to, and he really loves cooing back at you. He coos so much now that sometimes we have to ask him to pipe down a bit. I really love his sweet voice, and I forgot how sweet it is to hear a baby coo. He has a really high-pitched squeak that I am partial to. Abram thinks that Chloe is hilarious (because she is), and whenever she sticks her face in his face he gives her a grin from ear to ear. Chloe loves giving Abram big hugs. I have even caught her trying to pick him up from time to time. Stinker. He doesn't mind at all!

My little man is growing so fast. He is wearing size 6-9 (or bigger) clothing these days. He is in Size 2 diapers, but I'm pretty sure that Size 3 would be fine, too. Most of his baby hair fell out this month, but it is starting to grow back. It is pretty light, but I would say it is darker than Chloe's was at this age. Abram's baby acne is completely gone, but he does have some serious eczema on his legs and elbows. His eye still boogers every now and then, but the plugged duct seems less serious as he gets older.
For the most part Abram doesn't cry unless he gets really startled or hurt (by big sis mostly). He is also likely to have a fit when he is really hungry. When he has a poopy diaper sometimes he will complain a little, but he never cries about it. Abram really prefers his milk in a bottle. I joke that he will have a preference for bottled beer over draft beer. I'm not sure if it is because he takes a bottle all day, but he just doesn't love breastfeeding as much as he did when he was newborn. And I'm not sure what it is about me, but I'm not devastated about it like I would have been with Chloe. I really don't mind pumping him bottles, though I'm grateful that he still breastfeeds at night like a champ in the event that he does wake up for a feeding. I would really hate to have to get up and make him a bottle. I've never been a big fan of breastfeeding in public, so I just bring him a bottle when we go out. I don't know why I never did that with Chloe.

Abram isn't really trying to roll over, but then maybe that is my fault. I don't really work with him on tummy time, and I haven't been teaching him to roll over. Call me crazy, but I just want him to stay little for as long as possible. He is already so big, and I'm just not ready for my little baby to be rolling over and attempting to crawl.
Abram still doesn't really love his bath, but he doesn't cry about it anymore either. He still loves his pacifier, and I get the distinct feeling that bottles and pacifiers are going to be hard habits to break, whereas Chloe couldn't have cared less.
 |
| Here is a pic from the beginning of the month when he really hated his bath. |
Abram isn't super cuddly. He really likes to just chill in his bouncy seat and watch us. It is funny, because we bought Chloe a pink bouncy seat, but she HATED it. Abram LOVES the bouncy seat. Poor guy... stuck in pink everything. Overall, Abram is doing well. When he isn't sleeping he is smiling and cooing. He is my sweet boy! I took his three month photos a couple weeks late. Oops!
He is truly gorgeous! You do a wonderful job writing posts about each child specifically. I know they will feel special reading them when they grow up! (Which is happening so very fast!)
ReplyDelete