Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Swimming Lessons

This summer Chloe was acting very afraid of the lake and pools, which is unusual for our little daredevil.  I finally got around to signing her up for swimming lessons.   She had her first lesson last Monday.  We decided that Paul would be best suited for the parent/child class since I freak out just carrying her out on the dock at the lake.  Paul is really laid back about almost everything, including holding Chloe in the water.  It was a good thing that we had him do the lesson, too, since the water was 4'8'' deep, and considering I'm only about six inches taller than that, the lesson would have been a struggle.  Here they are anxiously waiting to get into the pool.  We couldn't put her down, because she apparently forgot she was afraid of the water over the summer, and she was ready to jump right in the pool.



For the record, Chloe does actually smile and laugh.  She just refuses to smile for the camera.  This picture of her hanging on the ledge of the pool was one of the only times during the lesson that she wasn't smiling.  Chloe did so well.  At one point the instructor urged Chloe to swim to her.  Then the instructor turned Chloe to face Paul, flipped her on her belly, and dunked her right under the water as she aided her in swimming back to Paul.  Chloe didn't cry or anything, but after seeing that I was very happy that Paul was the one doing the lesson!  When the lesson was over Chloe told us that she had fun swimming.  I think she is going to enjoy the next seven weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment