Chloe is getting so big! At her four month check up she weighed in at 13 pounds 10 ounces. She was something like the 75th percentile. She had her vaccines and cried hysterically while she got them of course, but when we got home she was as happy as can be. I did have to give her some Meijer brand acetaminophen in the afternoon to calm her and another dose the next day, but she managed to make it out pretty unscathed. We didn't have too many questions for the doctor. Chloe was on track with all of her developmental milestones like rolling over, playing with her hands, cooing and smiling, etc. We discussed starting solid foods at six months, which is what I had been planning anyway.
I did ask the doctor if Chloe was teething, because she has started drooling and chewing on her fingers. The doctor said that it didn't look like she was teething, but that her glands have started producing saliva and since she doens't have teeth she has no choice but to drool. I'm hoping she is a late bloomer in the teeth department!
Speaking of rolling over, Chloe spent the entire month trying to get there! I think it all started when she got this terrible diaper rash. It was so bad that I ended up getting a prescription for "Magic Butt Cream." The doctor called for a lot of naked butt time, and Chloe loved rolling around on the floor naked. It was the cutest thing. It turns out that something about being naked gave Chloe the insatiable desire to roll over. She spent like 90% of her day trying to roll over and she was always so close! On May 22 she finally made it. She had blown out a diaper, and it was the worst one to date. I don't think that any of the poop even hit the diaper. It was so bad that I just stripped her down and sat her on a towel while I ran a bath. After a while I heard her fussing in the living room, and when I came out she had rolled over onto the hardwood floor. There she was all butt naked on the wood floor thinking "what the hell?!?"
She didn't roll over again until May 28 when we were putting her to bed at my parents' cabin. Of course, at the most inopportune time she started rolling over in her Pack n' Play. Then she insisted on sleeping on her stomach no matter how many times we flipped her over. I think I checked to see if she was breathing twenty or so times before I turned in for the night. Now she flips over immediately after we put her in her crib. I love sleeping on my tummy too, so I really can't blame her.
Chloe's sleep schedule varied a lot with a week or two of waking up at 2:00 or 3:00 a.m. followed by a week or two of her sleeping through the night. I really don't mind waking up with her, though. She gets her snack on and then goes right back to bed like a good girl. I appreciate any cuddle time I can get. She started taking some decent naps during the day, too.
I don't know if I have ever mentioned it on here or not, but Chloe loves being outdoors. If she is ever fussing I can just take her outside and plop her in my lap and she is perfectly content looking at the grass and trees. It is so cute. We can just lie her down on a blanket while we work in the yard and she will sit there and play.
I can't believe how much easier the second two months have been compared to the first two months. It is like night and day! Chloe hardly cries and she is always so sweet and smiley. We feel so blessed right now and I am enjoying every minute.
No comments:
Post a Comment