Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Chloe Goes to Kindergarten!

This morning Chloe ran straight for the playground when we got to school.  After a few minutes she ran up to me and told me she had to show me something.  I followed her to a picnic table.  She had me squat down, and there under the table was a little, white, fluffy caterpillar hanging upside down.  She picked it up and ran over to the mass of people waiting in line for the school bell. She held her hands out for all the kids and parents to see.  She must have shown 30 people.  I told her she could bring it inside to see if her teacher had a jar.  I thought it would be a good test of character to see if her Kindergarten teacher - a veteran teacher of 25+ years - would agree to a jar, or require an immediate release.  When Chloe showed her the caterpillar her teacher quickly replied, "that is wonderful, Chloe!  Why don't I get a jar and we can put some grasses in there.  Later, we can let him go outside."  All the kids ran to the jar to see the caterpillar. Chloe was so proud.

On the first day of school her teacher indicated the day went well, except she had to have a little talk about listening.  Her teacher said, "I think Chloe just wanted to do what she wanted to do.  So, we will have a few talks about listening."  That's my girl.  Head in the clouds, stubborn as a mule, living in Chloe lala land. 


My little Chloe Clover is definitely one of a kind.  I can never find the words to truly describe her and her unique personality, but I love that on just the second day of school her teacher got such a great insight to her little soul. 


I can't believe my first baby is in Kindergarten.  She was totally ready for this, and I'm so proud of her for having such a strong, independent spirit.  She couldn't wait.  Poor Abram.  On the way to orientation he said "Cwoie, I will reawwy miss you and your new school.  I'm serious.  I will," to which she replied with an eye roll, "ugh, I can't wait to get some space from Abram."  Little turd! 
But my big guy is doing a second year of 3's.  This is his first year actually qualifying in age.  I pick him up in about two hours and I can't wait to hear how his first day went.  He is such a leader.  He has an outgoing personality and immediately gets along playing with other kids.  I think he is going to absolutely love preschool this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment