Chloe's "first" Christmas flew by just like we expected. We missed my favorite Christmas party on my dad's side because they had it the Sunday before Christmas. We went home for Paul's family party on a Sunday two weeks prior and it just gets to be exhausting and expensive traveling all that way for just the day. But Chloe did pick up a few very cute gifts from that party including the most adorable elephant stuffed animal I have ever seen from Great Grandma and some cheetah print boots from Great Aunt Paula and Uncle Jeff.
My Dad came to Grand Rapids on Christmas Eve so that we could do our annual Christmas Eve shopping trip. We have been going for at least eight years now because the stores are not crowded and everything has already been marked down for the big day after Christmas sale. We showed up 45 minutes early to church that night and every seat was already full. We were standing in the back when I realized that I might be able to play the "pregnancy card." I took off my coat and when the usher saw me he put two seats together at the front of the church. We had the best view for the first time ever! Go Chloe! We went to the Baker's Christmas party later that night and then spent the night at my parent's house and watched It's A Beautiful Life before bed.
We woke up very early on Christmas morning because Baby Andrew is an early riser. Our baby Griffin is also an early riser. Every morning is Christmas morning for Griffin at my parent's house. He can't wait to get up to see Dolli and my Dad. One of my best Christmas surprises is that my parents bought us a KitchenAid! I was so excited that I cried. I am so thrilled and will need it to do some baking with Chloe in the future. I think the best part about this Christmas was opening presents for Chloe. She got some cute outfits, a toy, and a cute book from Aunt Shantel and Uncle Drew, and she got her first ornament from my Mom along with an outfit. After breakfast we slept until about noon and then headed over to Paul's house. We had a delicious dinner and watched the kids open gifts. Chloe got a Care Bear from Grandma and Grandpa. Santa brought the Moore's a new chocolate lab puppy named Bear. He looks just like a teddy bear and is super sweet. I got to cuddle with him at night since the kids were preoccupied playing with their new toys.
We also heard some good news over the weekend. Both Becky Reiber and Michelle Henige announced they are pregnant! That makes for four new babies on the Reiber side in 2010 with one in February, May, July, and August. Right now Shantel is the only married female on the Reiber side not pregnant. She had better watch out because people are catching pregnant on the toilet seats!
We headed back to Grand Rapids on Saturday so that we could relax the rest of the weekend. Overall, Christmas wasn't too stressful this year. I'm sure that next year will be a different story with Chloe running around. On New Years Eve I will be turning 26. My 20's are flying by just like this pregnancy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment